Friday, April 20, 2012

Week 2: Kindness

Kindness is feeling really pissed at someone but being sweet anyway.... (maybe)

 With that said kindness week has come to a close and with it some trials of sorts. What I have been shown is that staying kind when you have been wronged is incredibly tough! We long to reciprocate anger, get a zing in when we have been zapped . I contemplated "killing with kindness " after someone left a rude note on my car. I grabbed a pen and in my anger scribbled a rude apology and ended with a witchy "God bless". I am fairly certain God didn't intend for it to be used that way. Don't worry I didn't return the note as I had planned . There is just something about returning the rudeness that soothes me. By taking the "high road" I felt unsettled. I desired to get a word in, play there game. However I truly believe kindness is sometimes keeping your trap shut. I am not saying become a door mat and if someone truly wrongs you stand still, but rather pick your battles. People can be rude, I am guilty of it too, but think if we chose the high road more often, this place might be a bit sweeter.

Goals from Kindness week : To show kindness to all, regardless of circumstances. I also wanted to work on genuine kindness. I am a people pleaser, and often I do acts of kindness out of my need to please . I don't think that's as awesome as just doing it out of love, so I am working on that! I also had a goal of buying someone's coffee in the drive thru, however I haven't done that yet but I am planning on doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment