Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Project

If I see in myself something...
something not good,
something dark and twisted and almost evil...
why not kill it.
Here I go.
First Step.
This is my journey.
The Road to selflessness.
To become...
a better wife
daughter
sister
friend
human.
Daughter of the King.
Put others before myself.
Truly love and develop a servants heart.
Here goes nothing.

self·less

adjective
having little or no concern for oneself, especially with regard to fame, position, money, etc.; unselfish.

So it became clear to me that the keys to a selfless life were in one of of my favorite passages.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

So I have broken this journey into ten key steps (highlighted in red) in order to achieve selflessness. I am still human, and will not always be selfless but this is to get me in the mindset.
Week 1 : Patience
Week 2: Kindness
Week 3: Envy(and what comes with it)
Week 4: Boasting
Week 5: Pride (yikes)
Week 6: does not dishonor others
 Week 7:not self seeking    
Week 8:not easily angered
Week 9:Keeps no record of wrongs
Week 10: Does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment